Lax, A.K.A. Experiment 285, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to fire a green ray that causes victims zapped to become over-relaxed or machines zapped to shut down. His one true place is at the local airport making grouchy tourists enjoy their vacation. He is voiced by Rob Paulsen.
Lax is a purple parrot-like experiment with black eyes, a small green-tipped antenna, a blue-striped beak and green-striped tail feathers.
Lax can emit a green beam from his antenna, which contains a chemical that relieves the sympathetic nervous system, causing the brain to deny stress, and therefore makes the victim feel "on vacation". When the beam hits a machine, the chemical has a similar effect and causes all complex functions or artificial intelligence to shut off, creating the "vacation" effect. Thus, a person hit with Lax's ray will relax, and a machine hit with said ray will shut down.
If the victim of Lax's beam happens to believe work is fun, it will appear as if they were immune to it. Also, the effects of said beam are only temporary; however, they last for quite long periods. The ray can be blocked or bounced off reflective surfaces.
- Lilo and Gus were the only main characters who didn't get zapped by Lax.
- There are a couple of moments between T.J. and Spinelli, like when he asked her to help him out with distracting the experiment Lax. Also, when the six kids plus Lilo and Stitch were all at the observatory, right before the two of them both get zapped by Lax, Spinelli is seen quickly taking T.J. by the hand and then running up together to the rooftop of the building. After that, they are both seen goofing off together on the beach, while under Lax's spell.
- Lax's pod color is green.
- Lax is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 285. Primary function: Causes victims to abandon work".
- Lax is one of the few experiments to not appear in the group photo at the end of Leroy & Stitch.