Amnesio, A.K.A. Experiment 303, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to wipe people's memories by zapping anyone hit in the eyes with the lasers from his own; only a certain password spoken within earshot of him can reverse the amnesia process. He was captured by Gantu, but was rescued in "Snafu". His one true place is helping people with memory problems. He is voiced by Tress MacNeille.
He was activated by an ocean wave while his pod was on top of a boy's sand castle. 303 was eventually captured by Gantu and given to Hämsterviel, who promptly lost his memory after being zapped. 303 was rescued in "Snafu".
Amnesio is a small blue beetle-like creature with a round body, two thick arms, two thick legs, a purple mark on his stomach, two large wings on his back with purple spots on them, a round face with large black eyes, a little mouth and two thin antennae.
Amnesio can produce a red laser vision from his eyes that erases the memories of anyone hit in the eyes. He holds the stored memories in pouches under his wings as seen in the Stitch! anime. If his victims ingest the pouch with their memories in it, their memories will be fully restored.
If Amnesio hears the password "ʻohana", the memories of all his victims will be restored. (How Jumba knew this word, which is Hawaiian, and why he chose that particular word before he came to Earth are unknown.)
Amnesio made an appearance in the Stitch! anime where he used his powers on BooGoo, Stitch, Jumba, Gantu, Reuben and Hämsterviel. It is revealed that Amnesio holds the stored memories in pouches under his wings. If his victims ingest the pouch with their memories in it, everyone's memory will be fully restored. Only Amnesio knows whose pouch belongs to whom. Also, it is shown that when Amnesio's powers are used on Stitch, he reverts to his original programming since he is nothing but instinct in that state.
- Amnesio was first revealed in a DVD bonus feature of Stitch! The Movie in the experiment gallery.
- In his episode, when Amnesio flies around in several instances, the song "Flight of the Bumblebee" is heard playing.
- The password which reverses Amnesio's mind-erasing effects is "ʻohana", a word that Jumba didn't know of until well after Amnesio's creation (unless he made the adjustment after arriving on Earth).
- The password could also be "family", but it works in any language.
- Amnesio's pod color is yellow.
- Amnesio is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 303. Primary function: Erases memories".
- Amnesio's head appears in the online game Jumba's Lab.