Heckler, A.K.A. Experiment 322, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to crush his victims' pride and self-confidence with verbal insults. His one true place is in a dunk tank, provoking people to dunk him. He is voiced by Will Sasso.
He was activated off-screen at the hotel. He insulted the tour guide and later Lilo and Stitch, who then used him to insult Mertle as well. When he started to become an annoyance, Lilo and Stitch were forced to give 322 to Gantu. However, when Gantu was about to transport 322, he insulted Gantu and Hämsterviel too. When Hämsterviel couldn't stand him either, 322 was sent back to Lilo and Stitch.
Although Heckler acts like a jerk most of the time, he really just seems to insult out of impulse. He can't help but make fun of others, but has been proven to be willing to help people, especially when it comes to insult comedy. Most of the time, he doesn't entirely intend to offend others, but it is in his programming, and he can't help but throw around a few insults. If not, he breaks down into a fit of self-pity, as he never had any other purpose.
Heckler has the ability to be kind-hearted, but just has a very strange way of showing it. He loves his job being in the dunk tank and encouraging people to try to dunk him for charity, smiling good-naturedly right before Mertle dunked him. When he insults someone, it can be hard to tell if it is out of reflex, just teasing, or actually trying to be hurtful.
Heckler is an orange experiment that resembles a cross between 625 and 627, with short pointed ears, small beady eyes, an oval nose, a wide mouth with large fangs, and a shirt and bowtie imprint on his body.
Heckler is, as his name suggests, a master heckler who can use his verbal insults towards others to even defend himself against enemies. He makes jokes about their appearance or personality.
Heckler is capable of speaking fluent English.
Heckler's insults can be defused by accepting that they are true, which will leave him defeated and emotionally distraught.
- Heckler was possibly inspired by Don Rickles, a comedian who was known for insulting people for humorous effect.
- Like Reuben, Heckler is one of the very few known experiments that can speak English rather fluently.
- Heckler's pod color is red.
- Heckler is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 322. Primary function: Bully. Undermine enemy morale with verbal abuse".
- Oddly, when Heckler's image is reflected off of Stitch's eyes in The Origin of Stitch, he is gagged and handcuffed for some reason.
- Heckler is one of the few experiments to not appear in the group photo at the end of Leroy & Stitch.