Yang, A.K.A. Experiment 502, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to attack by spouting balls of lava from his back. His one true place is creating a new island with Yin. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
He was activated with Yin when water leaked from a jeep engine and touched his pod. Jumba said that should the two touch each other, they would cause a giant explosion, but they turned out to be a good example of Yin and Yang; they use fire and water to create a new island. He is seen in "Finder" playing poker with Stitch, Yin, Richter, and Cannonball and at Lilo's slumber party in "Dupe" with Yin, Richter and Cannonball. He was also one of the experiments reverted to evil in "Angel" and one of the players on Lilo's softball team in "Slugger".
An experiment of few words, Yang was shown to be fiery, short-tempered and hotheaded before his rehabilitation. He is single-minded and will focus only on what's right in front of him, paying little heed to anything else going on around him. This clearly demonstrates an overconfidence in his own powers, as Yang considers them more than adequate to handle any threat. He is shown to not really care what other people want him to do, and has a tendency to be boastful. However, he would defend his friends and ʻohana loyally, alongside Yin.
Yang is an orange and red weasel/lizard/dragon-like experiment with volcano-like spouts along his back, two volcano-like antennae on his head, black eyes, a round nose and a wide mouth with two fangs sticking out. He stands 3 feet tall and weighs 70 lbs.
Yang can fire balls of lava from the spouts on his back at targets and enemies, and heat solid ground or other land with his feet. It is also shown that when Yin and Yang combine their powers, they are able to create rock/land.
Anti-heat foam can incapacitate Yang and render him defenseless.
- Yang was first revealed in a DVD bonus feature of Stitch! The Movie in the experiment gallery.
- An earlier, unused design for Yang was also shown in a promotional image for Stitch! The Movie.
- His name is derived from the concept of Yin and Yang; in this case his name stems from the force of Yang, which is associated with masculinity, fire and heat, fitting his nature.
- Yang's pod color is blue.
- Yang is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 502. Primary function: Lava shooter".
- Yang appears in the online game Lilo & Stitch: Alien Interception along with Plasmoid, Tank, Dupe, Clyde and Hämsterviel.