Ploot, A.K.A. Experiment 505, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to flood entire cities with thick toxic sludge created from ordinary trash and pollution he collects, growing larger with all that he accumulates. His one true place is cleaning up litter and pollution at the beach. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
He was activated when bags of trash were thrown into the ocean by polluters.
Ploot has a two-sided nature, one that is benevolent and one that is chaotic. His initial appearance and helpful manner belies his true purpose and form: a giant polluting monster. In this form, he is very aggressive and dangerous, squirting pollution everywhere and harming those who get in his way, not even caring about the environment. However, after being sprayed with air freshener, Ploot's personality changed for the better, as he now cleans up the pollution and doesn't spit it out, helping to clean the environment as a result. He also appears to have gained control over his monster form, since he turned into it to fight off Leroy clones with his cousins without an ill effect on his personality.
Ploot is a small blue-green gastropod-like experiment with a small green pouch, black beady eyes, a thin mouth, green crab-like claws, and two spinning sweeper brushes for feet.
As Ploot collects more trash and pollution, he grows exponentially bigger, until he literally becomes a walking pollution factory, and begins spreading a thick toxic sludge created from the collected pollution. He makes dolphin-like sounds at normal size and monster sounds when grown to bigger size. When in monster form, his two antennae become like giant smoke stacks, letting pollution into the air. He can also roll into a ball at normal size.
Air freshener can dissolve Ploot's sludge and make him clean instead of pollute.
Natural air freshener is shown to shrink Ploot's toxic sludge and revert him to normal size, as well as tame him.
Ploot made an appearance in the Stitch! anime where he grew to his monstrous size and polluted everything again. This also caused a chain reaction since the island was somehow the center of Earth's power, and it nearly destroyed the planet.
- In his episode, Ploot is erroneously referred to as 515, a number taken by Deforestator who as well appears in that episode.
- The episode Ploot was in was aired on Earth Day.
- Despite Ploot's ability to metabolize trash and waste into toxic sludge, his weakness to the compounds in air fresheners is ironic; historically, aerosol-based air fresheners often use ozone-depleting chemicals, especially chlorofluorocarbons, as their main propellants, which are not the safest chemicals to the environment.
- Ploot's pod color is blue.
- Ploot is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 505 Primary function: Polluter".
- In Leroy & Stitch, Ploot was seen in his alternate pollution form during the battle between the Leroy army and the experiments.
- Ploot is one of the few experiments to not appear in the group photo at the end of Leroy & Stitch.