Tank, A.K.A. Experiment 586, is an illegal genetic experiment created by Jumba Jookiba. He is designed to eat metal and grow exponentially larger with all that he consumes. He was captured by Gantu, but was rescued in "Snafu". His one true place is at a junkyard eating scrap metal. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
He was activated by a garden hose used by a guy washing his car. He grows to an enormous size after eating so much metal. He is eventually caught by Gantu and sent to Hämsterviel, but rescued in "Snafu".
Tank is a gigantic experiment whose intimidating nature only grows with his size. He is shown to be insatiable, having an enormous appetite for metal. He will hurt anyone who gets in his way and can hold a grudge against them, like he did with Stitch, but otherwise ignores people who run from him.
Tank is a round orange, armadillo/bulldog-like experiment with thick legs, black eyes, an oval nose, a large, wide mouth, sharp teeth, a short tail, short ears and plates going from the front of his head to the end of his tail.
Tank has exponential jaw strength, enabling him to chew any type of metal with ease, such as iron, tin, steel, copper, silver, aluminum, etc. His overbite jaw is also able to stretch amazingly, allowing him to eat things many times his size (such as a factory), and he was able to eat an automobile bumper many times his length without struggle. His body size increases exponentially with any metal he consumes. His digestive system must work hundreds of times faster than a regular human being's.
If Tank goes without eating any metal after a while, he will gradually revert to his normal size.
- Tank was first revealed in a DVD bonus feature of Stitch! The Movie in the experiment gallery.
- Tank has shrunk from a massive size back to his normal size between his episode and "Snafu", suggesting that he returns to his normal size after a while without eating any metal.
- Tank's pod color is blue.
- Tank is described by the experiment computer screen as, "Experiment 586. Primary function: Metal consumption. The experiment becomes bigger with everything it eats".
- Tank's ability to grow larger from eating metal is similar to Fudgy's ability to grow larger from eating chocolate in the Stitch! anime.
- Tank appears in the online game Lilo & Stitch: Alien Interception along with Plasmoid, Dupe, Clyde, Yang and Hämsterviel.